Sat, Dec 18|
Johnson Valley Takeover & Poker Chip Hunt
A unique geo-cache style poker chip hunt thought the beautiful and diverse desert of Johnson Valley California!
Time & Location
Dec 18, 2021, 8:00 AM
Johnson Valley, 52455 Lazy K Road Johnson Valley, CA 92285
About the event
All drivers, passenegres and valunteers must sign a Waiver of Liability and Indemnity Agreement to participate.
This year we will be caming at Lasertown, adjacent to the famous King of Hammers - Hammertown.
Gate Fee: $10 per vehical
REQUIREMENTS TO PARTICIPATE IN POKER CHIP HUNT:
· GPS will be needed to find destinations.
· Radio to call for help in case of emergency.
(We need valunteers! if you would like to valunteer please fill out the waiver, select valunteer and we will reach out to you via email)
If you do not have these items, you MUST team up with someone who does!!!
HOW IT’S PLAYED:
· Teams will be given 4 hours to find their way to all Chip-points utilizing GPS coordinates provided at drivers meeting.
· A Team member will need to get out of the car and search for a box containing different colored poker chips. Retrieve just ONE (1) chipper poker chip from each Chip-point, per car and return the box to the location you found it.
· Each color will be given a different value. THE VALUE OF THE CHIPS WILL BE DETERMINED AFTER THE RUN HAS STARTED – TEAMS WILL NOT KNOW THE VALUE OF CHIPS UNTIL THE RETURN.
· Retrieve as many Chips as you can and return back to the “Pit Boss” before time runs out! – Return late and your team is DISSQUALIFIED
1. We will begin with a short driver meeting
· Review rules and answer questions.
· Teams will be given a list of GPS coordinates.
· Once everyone has their list of coordinates, we will announce “GO”.
· At that point, all teams can enter the coordinates into their GPS system.
2. There are seven (7) checkpoints total. They are not in any specific order. YOU choose the order and the path to get to each location.
3. At each checkpoint someone will need to get out of the car and search for the box with the poker chips inside.
· Take ONLY ONE (1) poker chip from each box per team!
· Return the box to its original location.
4. Return your bag of Chips back to the Pit Boss before time runs out!!
· Late arrivals will be disqualified.
5. Most importantly – HAVE FUN!!!
1st Place = $200 + Name on the trophy
2nd Place = $50
3rd Place = $20